We want you to be aware of our financial assistance policy in case you have concerns about paying for your medical care.
Financial assistance is a part of the community services provided by Shoshone Medical Center. For those unable to pay for medically necessary services, every effort will be made to assist you in obtaining help from public agencies. Those who do not qualify for public funding may be considered for financial assistance through Shoshone Medical Center. Depending upon your eligibility, we may discount either a portion or the entire hospital bill and/or help you to establish payment arrangements. Sources of income and a financial statement may be required in order to determine and verify eligibility. Please contact Customer Service at the telephone number listed below for further assistance.
To view our Financial Assistance Form(s), please download the following PDF document.
Download Financial Assistance Form
If you would like to request that a financial assistance application be sent to you via the mail, please call our customer service team at (877) 313-1278.
In order to assist you with any questions, Customer Service telephone lines are open during the following times:
Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM
- Our goal is to balance needed financial assistance for some patients with broader fiscal responsibilities in order to keep our hospital’s doors open for all who may need care in our community.
- If you choose not to apply for financial assistance, you may not automatically be considered. If you have questions about your eligibility or need assistance completing the application or establishing a payment arrangement, please contact our customer service team.
- If you are found to be eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, or other public assistance, we will help you complete an application for the appropriate program.
- If you are not insured and are not eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, or other public assistance, our financial counselors will discuss our financial assistance Policy with you.
- Financial assistance is granted for medically necessary procedures only.
- Financial assistance is specific to each patient admission and therefore will require periodic screening for changes in eligibility.
- These are generally accepted guidelines. Adjustments may be made for extenuating circumstances.
- Shoshone Medical Center’s decision to provide financial assistance only applies to treatment and services by Shoshone Medical Center. You will need to make separate financial arrangements with physicians and other providers.